LEAVE JUST A POSITIVE FOOTPRINT. ON YOU AND YOUR SURROUNDING.
We believe tourism should be a tool for positive and fair development of the visited destination.
Our philosophy stands on 3 pillars:
1. Happy locals
We choose our partners based on their values, the quality of their work and expertise. They create the Footourists getaways together with us therefor ⅔ of your contribution goes to them.
Our partners are local SMEs, eco-farmers, non-profits, change-makers, environmentalists, herbalists, artists, therapists, cooks, thinkers and different kinds of experts.
Our getaways are designed to empower endangered communities, protect nature and support local art.
The places we stay at are defined by their owners. We choose partners who care about the environment, quality of services provided and have the soul.
We help to create sustainable destinations.
2. Satisfied travelers
Our getaways are designed:
- To offer you the opportunity to step out of your comfort zone.
- For you who care about the environment and want to protect it. It is for you who want to Enhance your life, support others in need and leave a positive footprint.
- Together with local experts so you can connect with the local communities, understand the Context of the country, gain knowledge, skills and experience you can later on use at your home.
- To connect you with inspirational people
- Avoiding crowds
- To get to know places as they are, with real people, their daily lives and culture.
3. Happy planet and animals
- BECOME AN ACTIVIST: We connect with local activists and environmentalists and we support them by volunteering, spreading the word about their activities or petition signing.
- We create the whole getaways in cooperation with local activists and environmentalists.
- We avoid crowds.
- We visit spots out of the high season.
- We visit remote places.
- We aim to reach zero waste by using: our own bottles, food containers, cloth handkerchiefs, durable make-up removing swabs and other means.
- In case we create waste anyways, we apply the principles of circular economy.
- In case the waste disposal management in the visited destination is not sustainable or is not working at all, we raise the question about sustainable waste management with our partners and work on the improvement.
- We choose the least harmful means of transport: walk, bicycle, train, shared transportation, etc.
- We say NO to animal torture, human rights abuse, social exclusion, destruction of the nature, corruption, nepotism and profits on the expense of nature, people and animals.